The Alliance of Eastside Agencies' (AEA) mission is to build healthy communities in East King County through a strong human services network by providing a strong voice for Eastside health and human services and by promoting organizational excellence among providers.
We accomplish this mission by:
• Offering relevant trainings to nonprofit agencies
• Providing opportunities to strengthen relationships
• Collaborating to foster stronger partnerships
• Strengthening organizational capacity to meet East King County needs through training and networking events
• Researching and analyzing current needs, gaps and trends
• Educating the community on issues we face
• Coming together to identify and problem-solve urgent human services concerns
• Local and regional advocacy efforts
Our members come from across the Eastside, and include around 40 non-profit organizations and government agencies serving East King County. Our home office is in Redmond, Washington, at the Together Center campus.
The Alliance of Eastside Agencies began as an informal group in East King County consisting of not-for-profit human service providers seeking specifically to: 1) be an organized, representative "voice" of providers in strengthening the region's human services infrastructure through advocacy efforts; and 2) promoting organizational excellence through conferences/trainings.
In 2001, the group became an organized membership organization and now consists of around 40 member agencies, staff from the Eastside cities, and includes United Way representation. A key role of the AEA is advocacy for policy and funding efforts to keep and build on a strong safety net of human services in our region. As well, the AEA is the voice representing East King County needs in the county-wide King County Alliance of Human Services, which is a cohort of other similar regional groups and focuses on the larger regional policy and advocacy efforts.
Current Board of Directors
• David Downing - Immediate Past President
- Youth Eastside Services
• Helen Banks Routon - Co-chair
- Eastside Baby Corner
• Rochelle Clayton Strunk - Co-chair
• Judy Faast - Secretary
• Helene Wentink - Vice-Chair - Community Homes
• Pam Mauk - Treasurer - Together Center
• Gina DeCampo - Child Care Resources
• Dorothy Wong - CISC
• Leslie Miller - City of Kirkland - ex-officio
• Maria Williams - LifeWire
• Martha Sassorossi - City of Issaquah
• Dee Dee Catalano - City of Bellevue
• Brooke Buckingham - City of Redmond